This is a course designed for STEM-oriented students to develop their writing skills.
The students will be encouraged and guided to participate in STEM Writing contest hosted by NYT,
Schedule for STEM Writing
Real time instruction, weekly assignment, 18 sessions (1.5hr) in regular semesters and 16 sessions (1.7hr) in summer ， 3-5 students per class
Week 1: College Essays/Personal Statements
Week 2: Editing and Revision
Week 3: Opinion/editorials
Week 4: Flash Fiction
Week 5: Outlining
Week 6: Short Stories
Week 7: Novels
Week 8: Scripts
Registration and Refund Guidelines
- A non-refundable registration fee $50 will be charged to reserve the spot.
- Class may be cancelled if no more than five students registered in each class.
- The full tuition must be paid off before the class begins.
- Refund must be requested immediately after the first class on the same day.
- Registration fee and tuition for the first class won’t be refunded.
- No refund will be granted after the first day of the class.
- If the class is cancelled by STEM Academy, full tuition plus registration will be refunded.