Course Introduction (Access Passcode: 96XWA*=8)
Schedule for Creative Writing age (13-18)
16 classes in total, 1.5 hrs each class.
Week 1: Writing for an audience and imaginative writing: overview
Week 2: Writing for an audience: Letters to the editor and reports
Week 3: Writing for an audience: Opinion/editorials
Week 4: Writing for an audience: Travel brochure
Week 5: Writing for an audience: Memoir and diaries
Week 6: Writing for an audience: College Essays/Personal Statements
Week 7: Writing for an audience: Persuasive Speech
Week 8: Writing for an audience: Argumentative Essay
Week 9: Writing for an audience: Expository Essay
Week 10: Writing for an audience: Feature Articles
Week 11: Imaginative Writing: Short Stories
Week 12: Imaginative Writing: Dramatic Script
Week 13: Imaginative Writing Fantasy
Week 14: Imaginative Writing: Travelogue
Week 15: Imaginative Writing: Mystery Novel
Week 16: Imaginative Writing: Historical Novel
Registration and Refund Guidelines
- A non-refundable registration fee $50 will be charged to reserve the spot.
- Class may be cancelled if no more than five students registered in each class.
- The full tuition must be paid off before the class begins.
- Refund must be requested immediately after the first class on the same day.
- Registration fee and tuition for the first class won’t be refunded.
- No refund will be granted after the first day of the class.
- If the class is cancelled by STEM Academy, full tuition plus registration will be refunded.