AP Chemistry is an elective college course for high school students. It is one of the most difficult courses among all AP courses, second only to AP Physics. Mastering AP Chemistry will make you stand out in college applications, especially those in science and engineering and Pre-Med related majors. If you get 5 or 4 points on the AP exam, you may also be exempted from basic Chemistry course at the university. The course is divided into lectures and exercises. There are homework and corrections every week. The last class is the final exam. This course is suitable for students in grades 8-11 who have taken or are currently taking Honors Chemistry, currently taking AP Chemistry. You must have completed Algebra I before attending the course.
- Atoms, Molecules, and Ions
- Gases, Liquids, and Solids
- Atomic Structure and Properties
- Properties of Solutions
- Energy: Thermochemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Molecular and Ionic Compound Structure and Properties
- Intermolecular Forces and Properties
- Chemical Reactions
- Acids and Bases
- Applications of Thermodynamics
Registration and Refund Guidelines
- A non-refundable registration fee $50 will be charged to reserve the spot.
- Class may be cancelled if no more than five students registered in each class.
- The full tuition must be paid off before the class begins.
- Refund must be requested immediately after the first class on the same day.
- Registration fee and tuition for the first class won’t be refunded.
- No refund will be granted after the first day of the class.
- If the class is cancelled by STEM Academy, full tuition plus registration will be refunded.