AP BiologyAP Biology is an intensive course designed to be the equivalent of an introductory biology course taken in college. The emphasis is on developing an understanding of biological concepts rather than an accumulation of facts. The student should understand and appreciate the science of biology as a process and a personal experience in scientific inquiry that develops their problem solving and critical thinking skills. This course also prepares the high school student to take the AP exam given in May.
Major themes include:
- The Chemistry of Life
- Cell Energetics
- Molecular Genetics
- Evolutionary Biology
- Diversity of Organisms
- Structure and Function of Plants and Animals
Registration and Refund Guidelines
- A non-refundable registration fee $50 will be charged to reserve the spot.
- Class may be cancelled if no more than five students registered in each class.
- The full tuition must be paid off before the class begins.
- Refund must be requested immediately after the first class on the same day.
- Registration fee and tuition for the first class won’t be refunded.
- No refund will be granted after the first day of the class.
- If the class is cancelled by STEM Academy, full tuition plus registration will be refunded.
There are no reviews yet.